65 Dart GT Fan Shroud

-

mtpierson

65 Dart GT Convertible
Reaction score
Did the 65 Dart with Slant Six have a fan shroud? Seems like it should and I'd like to install one. Looking for some guidance of what might fit if none was offerred. No luck searching the web. Just B/C/E body V8 options listed. Stock radiator is installed. Also considering install of a thermal fan clutch, guidance is appreciated on these ideas. Thanks.

If the 65 has the 22 inch wide radiator the answer would be yes on a factory fan shroud. I sold the one I had last year to another member here. It mounts to the side of the radiator with offset brackets. The radiator opening was enlarged in 1965 to accept the 22 inch radiator but I don't know if the radiator just had wider flanges and still the 19 inch core on the slant 6 cars. The 273 cars had the 22 inch wide radiator.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Did the 65 Dart with Slant Six have a fan shroud? Seems like it should and I'd like to install one. Looking for some guidance of what might fit if none was offerred. No luck searching the web. Just B/C/E body V8 options listed. Stock radiator is installed. Also considering install of a thermal fan clutch, guidance is appreciated on these ideas. Thanks.

The only early A Body with a slant that had a shroud I've ever seen was equipped with factory air. Not sure if a heavy duty cooling option was available for the slant. You'll be looking for a 19 in shroud to match the radiator. You might be able to modify a later shroud to fit.

attachment.php
If the 65 has the 22 inch wide radiator the answer would be yes on a factory fan shroud. I sold the one I had last year to another member here. It mounts to the side of the radiator with offset brackets.

[/url]

Even those factory 22 inch shrouds are hard to find! I suspect ones for slants harder yet.

I have one here for slanty car, one of the little square pieces has gone missing, it is the 19" shroud i'm gonnago thru where the car was sitting with a magnet and try to locate the missing part

Thanks for searching. If you find the part and are interested in letting it go please get back to me with some pictures and measurements to I can verify my radiator, which I am pretty sure is stock.

Thanks for searching. If you find the part and are interested in letting it go please get back to me with some pictures and measurements to I can verify my radiator, which I am pretty sure is stock.

Are you interested to sell yours? I'm looking for one for my wagon.

-
Back