65 Dart GT weather stripping

-

Tad

Reaction score
I’ve been looking everywhere for the seals needed to redo the doors and to go up around the window openings on the roof. Seems to be hard to find a kit for a 65 Dart. Does anyone have a good lead on this?

I bought mine at Restoration Specialties in the exact metallic blue as per original. I hear Rock Auto carries black but never checked gor sure

Nobody makes a really correct windlace for these cars. The closest you will find is the rubber bulb extrusion with a cloth covered bulb. The originals had the rubber bulb extrusion with a vinyl covered extrusion. Restoration Specialties and Supply makes the current reproduction part that everyone sells. There is a number of vendors that sells the product.

Be aware that the reproduction seal generally is a bit larger than the original piece. Thus, depending upon the car and your ability to adjust the doors, you may experience an issue with getting the doors to close as the seals will want to push the door off. Like any rubber product, some times you can get a set that is not quite as large of a profile and they will fit much better than another set. You will have to play with them to get the best fit.

Nobody makes a really correct windlace for these cars. The closest you will find is the rubber bulb extrusion with a cloth covered bulb. The originals had the rubber bulb extrusion with a vinyl covered extrusion. Restoration Specialties and Supply makes the current reproduction part that everyone sells. There is a number of vendors that sells the product.

Be aware that the reproduction seal generally is a bit larger than the original piece. Thus, depending upon the car and your ability to adjust the doors, you may experience an issue with getting the doors to close as the seals will want to push the door off. Like any rubber product, some times you can get a set that is not quite as large of a profile and they will fit much better than another set. You will have to play with them to get the best fit.
Hey guys, thank you for the feedback. I’ve seen the colored pieces that go down around below the door on the car and I’ve also seen the felt strips for the window which I think they’re calling cat whiskers. The pieces I’m having trouble finding are the black rubber pieces that run inside the chrome channel that screws up around the tops of the windows. I’m not sure exactly what those are called. I’ve seen quite a few pieces for convertibles but not for hard tops unless those are the same piece.

-
Back