65 Dart Trim question..

-

boosted

Life Needs Air
Reaction score
I am about to snatch the front fender off of my Dart and was wondering what the trick was to getting the candy cane trim off the front wihtout destroying it.

Also is there any other bolts for the front fender besides the one's across the top and the one at the bottom of the wheel well?

Once you remove the inner splash guards (front and rear) use a flashlight and you'll see all the attachments.

ahh.. ok... Any clue on the front trim?
After removing the front splash shield, you will be able to see or feel the studs and nuts that hold on the candy canes. If memory serves, you'll need a 3/8" socket on a 1/4" drive extension. get the car high (I use a hoist) so you can stand or kneel underneath. It is tight in there. There are also some studs and nuts accessable after removing the radiator.

There is one bolt holding the fender back by the door, when you get the rear splash shield out, again up in the air, you'll be able to see it at the top rear of the fender....it's hard to reach also...and your front splash shield is bolted to the fender.

Dave

Oh yeah man. All the bolts that hold the inner shields on are usually buried under a thick undercoating. I remember barely being able 2 c the bolt heads.
There are also 2 more bolts holding the fender to the engine bay inner fender at the front. The bolts go into the fender right where the headlight bucket is.

-
Back