-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey356

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
It's raining from under the dash onto my front floor & carpet. Must stop the leak. I don't know how to seal out the rain. Please advise me on what insulation is needed under the dash to stop the leakage. I can buy the solution thru paypal. jeffrey356.

It's raining from under the dash onto my front floor & carpet. Must stop the leak. I don't know how to seal out the rain. Please advise me on what insulation is needed under the dash to stop the leakage. I can buy the solution thru paypal. jeffrey356.

well it could be the wiper seals.(try ebay they have them)
or even the heater and fresh air box seals if it's got a ton of debris in the cowl.(try ebay "Detroit Muscle Technologies" ,DMT they have them))

but it could be the inner cowl is rusted. make sure by taking a look up over the top of the heater box and seeing if it's rusted, open the fresh air doors on both sides and reach up in there and see if the hats are rusted through if there is no rust it'll be an easier fix.
mine looked like this even though the top part was good.
the ring's (hats are rusted off and there are/were holes in the inner panel) you can see the hats in the second picture.
View attachment DSCF2007 50-50.jpg

and I had to replace it with this. that is a major job to do right. but you can just do the bad sections with metal also with about 1/2 the work but you'll have to be a good metal worker to hid the cuts in the top cowl.
View attachment DSCF2006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back