65 Dodge Dart tail lights

-

65ChargerDart

65ChargerDart
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if one can install an inside right tail light assembly to the outside left (or vise versa) by drilling holes for the studs? I don't see any other difference in the two chrome surrounds.
For the life of me I don't understand why the Chrysler engineers didn't just design two tail lights and reverse them. So why the different stud locations? I know the outside lights had the backup light option but that would'nt affect anything as they placed a rubber plug in the back-up light hole if that option wasn't ordered anyway.

If it works do it! It is also strange they changed them in 66, modifications need to be done to make them fit too. Studebaker is about the only company that made simple parts that could be used in multiple applications.

After doing some careful measuring , it won't work.... there is a slight difference in the contour on the round side.

Anyone need a very close to as-new right outside tail light w/o back-up light please let me know.

Anyone know if one can install an inside right tail light assembly to the outside left (or vise versa) by drilling holes for the studs? I don't see any other difference in the two chrome surrounds.
For the life of me I don't understand why the Chrysler engineers didn't just design two tail lights and reverse them. So why the different stud locations? I know the outside lights had the backup light option but that would'nt affect anything as they placed a rubber plug in the back-up light hole if that option wasn't ordered anyway.
Won't work.

Funny, i tried to do this a while back. when it didnt work,
I ended up ordering new lenzes from The Paddock.
and there still on back order.:angry7:

-
Back