'65 plymouth, factory yellow?

-

fshd4it

Squid inc
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So Dodge had yellow available in 1965, for the dart chargers at least...was it a custom order color for plymouths? Late model year cars, perhaps? I've seen pictures of "original" yellow barracudas on the web, but never a paint code sheet showing it.

So Dodge had yellow available in 1965, for the dart chargers at least...was it a custom order color for plymouths? Late model year cars, perhaps? I've seen pictures of "original" yellow barracudas on the web, but never a paint code sheet showing it.
Hello
I had a 65 Formula S Barracuda that was factory painted yellow I bought from originalnowner
The paint code was 999
Special order
It had the the invoice, broadcast page, also factory disc and ac and vinyl roof

Someone restored it and it has changed hands , recently a dealer had it advertised for over 30k

I also saw years ago another yellow Barracuda with factory yellow and off center dart go go stripe in black

My 2 cents

Hangtendartsport, that sounds like a neat, unique car. I'm trying to decide on paint for my '65 Belvedere, and I like the color (and the fact that yellow wasn't very common), yet could have been available for my car that year. Thanks!

-
Back