65 roll cage help?

-

65 bearascuda

Reaction score
i have 65 cuda i want to cage! i live 3miles from summit racing(yaaah)! they have cage kits! but only go back to 68'. now i know im going to be altering it cuz i want to go back thru the trunk! does any know measurements or if 68 kit will work with tweechn, mostly wandering about the main loop! or somewhere else to purchase?

The loop will be too wide. I bought my roll bar system from Comp. Engineering, and they bent it to my specs. Pretty much dead on. Mine was an 8 pt. roll bar, not a cage.
IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

Sorry. No pics of the front bars............

My question is, how did you attach to the floors? We built a cage for a dirt track car for a duster, and we welded AND bolted..... still didn't seem secure......

our cage was from Speedway motors...... some modification was needed, but wasn't too bad.. would have been much easier if we had the right tools :D

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/

S&W race cars has a kit for early a bodies, 8 point or 10 point. It has a reinforcement bar on the main hoop that goes to a frame connector.

Buy a kit, buy some extra straight tubing; become friends with the local bender guy. Buy 1 1/4 " electrical pvc from Ace Hdwe, etc. It is the same size as 1 5/8"; buy fittings, heat it and bend it. Then take that template to the bender guy. I'm on the third attempt on a halo for a 1970 Duster; no matter what NHRA says about cage 3" above your head- ain't enought room to do it.

Here are some pics I saved from a 66 Valiant I seen on ebay awhile back. I love how this is done but it must be made from scratch, very nicely done!! Maybe you can get some ideas from these pics...:toothy10:

95c5_3.jpg

9dcb_3.jpg

a1e0_3.jpg

a327_3.jpg

a466_3.jpg

well i knew i could count on you guys! I just got off the phone with tom and just odered my basic kit (10 point) from S&W! Got some good advice on how to alter it to my likings! And great pictures of a sweet job off how to do it! but im still confused! (what the hell button did i push to make my computer to print like that? thanks fellas!

-
Back