65 signet with a 833

-

matsland

Reaction score
Hi all this is my first post so here goes . I have a 65 signet with a 273 commando / 833 .
I was wondering if anyone has photos showing what colour the adjusters are on the shifter rodr are im about to get the rods and shifter mechanism re zinc coated . the car is getting restored to original condition . also on my build sheet there is no marking for back up lights hence no switch in box or wiring to gearbox were they a option .I found a 65 painted on the box and a light blue inspection mark on the low stifter leaver were they any others on filler / drain bolts etc.
thanks heaps mat

Hi all this is my first post so here goes . I have a 65 signet with a 273 commando / 833 .
I was wondering if anyone has photos showing what colour the adjusters are on the shifter rodr are im about to get the rods and shifter mechanism re zinc coated . the car is getting restored to original condition . also on my build sheet there is no marking for back up lights hence no switch in box or wiring to gearbox were they a option .I found a 65 painted on the box and a light blue inspection mark on the low stifter leaver were they any others on filler / drain bolts etc.
thanks heaps mat

Welcome Matt! Can't help you on the color of the rods/adjusters/bolts, etc. Back-up lights were an option. If you decide to add them, the switch is installed in the transmission; the wiring should be pretty straight forward. The FSM will be your friend; I suspect you could probably get by with an Aussie manual. The wiring will probably be a little different, especially for the turn signals, since I think amber turn signals in the rear were required in Australia.

EDIT: I never made it to WA but did manage to get to Darwin NT 4 different times in 81/82 courtesy of your RAAF and the USAF. Loved it there!

-
Back