65 Valiant 1 to 2 port mast cyl conversion

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
I was going to put a 2 port master cylinder on my 65 Plymouth Valiant 4 door. Would the master cylinder from a 67 Valiant, non-power drums work? What all do I need to change to make a successful conversion? I know I need a junction block. I think they sell them at Year One. Is there any particular year/model I can purchase the lines that will fit right up? Will there have to be any mods to the brake pedal?

I was going to put a 2 port master cylinder on my 65 Plymouth Valiant 4 door. Would the master cylinder from a 67 Valiant, non-power drums work? What all do I need to change to make a successful conversion? I know I need a junction block. I think they sell them at Year One. Is there any particular year/model I can purchase the lines that will fit right up? Will there have to be any mods to the brake pedal?

The '67 will work perfectly. Just use the '67 proportioning valve as well as the '67 pushrod which attaches to the pedal.

No mods to the pedal. The pushrod from the '65, actually, is probably going to be the one you wind up using. A '67 master cylinder will work fine, as will any later A-body drum-brake master. Which to pick will depend on what you want in terms of pedal effort (smaller master cylinder bore = longer pedal stroke with less effort, larger master cylinder bore = shorter pedal stroke with more effort). Stock single-master bore is 1". Whichever master you wind up with, make it a new one—not "remanufactured" (junk). Make sure the one you get comes with a new rubber pushrod retainer bushing. The distribution block/valve items are available at Inline Tube.

My 65 Signet has the entire set up from a 72 Duster. I got the BBP wheels disk brakes, proportioning valve and the master cylinder. It bolts right up. I was thinking of trying to find a factory power brake braket from a 64/5 and try and make something work...... The duster power brake wont bolt right up or it will but then the MC is right next to the exhaust manifold

-
Back