65 Valiant Headliner piece together

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’m working on getting my interior fixed up, it has always been missing the headliner and all the related components. I’ve gathered what I think is everything I need but I’m looking for clarification. This is a 65 Valiant post, is there a trim that goes on the roof line after the headliner is in. I’ve got a couple examples attached and circled in green.

IMG_9303.jpeg

IMG_9302.jpeg

Also I have these headliner brackets the keep it tight and I know they came out of a 4 door, everything lines up but the front screw location. Should I trim it and redrill the screw hole? Does anyone know where to get replacement clips that hold these brackets to the car? Lastly on the sail panel is there a fiber board or cardboard filler that goes in before the headliner?

IMG_9297.jpeg

IMG_9298.jpeg

IMG_9299.jpeg

On some yes, on some, no. My 64 Valiant for example did not have any trim like you have pictured.

On some yes, on some, no. My 64 Valiant for example did not have any trim like you have pictured.
Hmm, Is your 64 a post? Do you have any photos you can share on how it’s finished off? I’m curious to see the differences with and without?

Hmm, Is your 64 a post? Do you have any photos you can share on how it’s finished off? I’m curious to see the differences with and without?
Yes it is. Give me a few.

Here you bees. No trim. It is a base model, after all.
DSCF2205.JPG

DSCF2204.JPG

My 65 V100 liner trim looks just like Rusty's, except I didn't get those cool lights in mine (insert pouty face).

-
Back