65 Valiant V-200 steering wheel spacer questions?

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
I got a useable steering wheel just like my original, even in the same color. Along with a new horn button. I have the original wheel, and ornament. Mine is two spoke with the half circle horn ring. In the 65 parts catalog it shows 3 pieces I'm missing and I'm wondering what they're for and if it's ok to use without them. One of them is a steering wheel spacer part #2401209, the other is a steering wheel ornament retainer o-ring part #6023346, also there is a felt silencer that says is not serviced. Are these still available? What will it do if I don't have them anymore?

1 not sure what the spacer is. 2 your ornament won't fit snugly into the horn ring center. Try obtaining an o ring from a parts store or using a rubber band around it in the groove. 3 I believe the felt silencer you are referring to goes between the medallion and ring /button base. I see no reason it would effect anything without it.

I didn't realize it but the o-ring and retainer was already on my ornament so it's all there except the silencer. What is that silencer pad supposse to silence? I think I saw one on EBAY but don't remember if it was a new reproduction or a used one.

-
Back