65 valiant V100 New member First project

-

SammyD273

Reaction score
Hello All my name is Dakota

I have a 65 valiant v100 project car. Pretty much complete with a 273 auto.

It has the KH disc breaks that is the first thing I am going through. My goal is to make it a driver as soon as possible.
going through the front end The rotors were rusty as all can be and there was years of grime and dirt all over the control arms and ball joints and tie rods. Ive done my best to clean a lot of that up without disassembling everything. Using a degreaser and wire wheel brush I was able to clean a lot of it up.

Also purchased a new Edlebrock carb. Based on a recommendation from my buddy who I purchased the car from.

My buddy also helped me repaint the dash and inside doors the original blue color. It has new headliner and visors also.
(Will follow up with photos soon)

This is my first project car ever. I dont know very much about classic cars or Mopars in general. I am enjoying the process of working on it and mostly washing years or dirt and grime off everything.

Please feel free to offer feedback or suggestions on stuff to look out for as I try to get this beauty back on the road.

Thanks FABO communnity

valiant.3.jpg

valiant.jpg

Welcome Dakota .....from the Lone Star state > start working on the old girl. Give her a lot of Love
Looks like you have a great start of a car. There is lots of smart folks on this site. Dont be afraid to ask.
Texas Red

Looks like a great project! Tons to read on here and get smart on what you want to accomplish.

Start by getting a Technical Sevice Manual.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Welcome from Texas, all of your questions can probably be answered on the site.

-
Back