65 Valiant wagon interior trim questions

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Before I post in the parts wanted section I'd like to know what I am looking for. My65 Valiant wagon interior was pretty much gutted when I bought it. Gathering from my 66 Cuda there probably isn't a trim piece that runs across the bottom of the windshield. I'm assuming there are front door post pillar pieces, side pieces that run to the rear doors and rear door pillar pieces. The piece between the front doors and rear doors looks pretty solid so I don't think there is trim there. Are there pieces that run to the rear pillar posts? Any other pieces that I haven't thought about? Pics would be helpful and appreciated if anyone has the time. Thanks.
James

There are metal trim pieces on either side of the windshield , Long pieces under the long rear side windows .Not sure if the headliner comes down behind the rear doors or trim goes there.Mine has had the interior stripped out for years while I used it as a daily driver .I'm only now starting to fix it all up after 30 years of using it as my work car.I'm a carpenter and it served me well . Now I'm retired and the work on it has begun. Just gave it a new clutch and put a better A833 4 speed in it.The old one was tired .After the power train is finished it's on to the body work.

Before I post in the parts wanted section I'd like to know what I am looking for. My65 Valiant wagon interior was pretty much gutted when I bought it. Gathering from my 66 Cuda there probably isn't a trim piece that runs across the bottom of the windshield.

that piece was “usually” found in convertibles and Barracudas to finish off and hide the bottom of the windshield gasket. On my 270 wagon there was a blue one to match thw interior color. FWIW they were like a hard rubber-likea material.

I’m assuming there are front door post pillar pieces, side pieces that run to the rear doors and rear door pillar pieces. The piece between the front doors and rear doors looks pretty solid so I don't think there is trim there. Are there pieces that run to the rear pillar posts? Any other pieces that I haven't thought about? Pics would be helpful and appreciated if anyone has the time. Thanks.
James

Yes to the A, C and D pillar trim which is all plastic. There is no trim between the doors nor between the rear doors to the back.

My wagon is under construction and assembly and is also now a 2 door panel wagon

Last edited:
I have a '65 100 series wagon and the only trim pieces mine has are at the C and D pillars. Or basically at front and rear of rear side glass. Headliner just folds over and tucks in around door seals and top of rear side glass.

The rear pillars on mine fortunately still have the plastic pieces attached. Sounds like there are a few of us wagon brethren around. Now if we could only get someone to reproduce the rear window seal. The ends of mine kinda came off.

The rear pillars on mine fortunately still have the plastic pieces attached. Sounds like there are a few of us wagon brethren around. Now if we could only get someone to reproduce the rear window seal. The ends of mine kinda came off.

are you referring to the upper wondow seal (baily channel as I’ve heard the Aussie refer to it), the tailgate seal or the tailgate interior seals (which are available)?

I have a new tailgate to body seal. I have the top of the tailgate glass seal. The seal for the upper corners where the glass meets the roof is the one I'm referring to.

65wgn440, I just checked my A pillars. No screw holes so mine didn't have trim pieces there either. Just the C and D. Do you have a pic of what the C pillar trim pieces look like?

Here you go. I believe these are C and not D. Car is not kept at same place as parts.

IMG_20220423_180631722.jpg

I'm also after a pair of C pillars for my 65 wagon. I feel like I saw some australians who did re-pops for lots of $$. I have one busted and the other missing.

-
Back