66 Barracuda 18" fitment question

-

GhostFish

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So here's a fun one for you guys. Can you fit a set of wheels and tires that are 5x4.5 (with a 5x4 adapter) and are 18x9 245 on the front and 275 in the back under a 66 Barracuda? They are inset 3" as well.

My dad has a really nice setup he took off his Mustang that he's wanting to get rid of. Need to replace my old beat up Crager SS.

Any guesses / advice would be awesome!

I can get 245s on the back I'd assume. I've seen 17" rims as well. I guess there is always tubing...

Well, figure out the backspacing of the wheel. If they're the Mustang, Torq Thrust looking wheels, they should have some castings on the back of the spoke that state the size. I don't know early A's too much, but I'd assume you should be able to get a 245/40/18 with the proper backspacing on all 4 corners. Are there any big differences in the wheel well or front quarter panel between the early-A Barracuda's and later A's? Personally, I'd just do a bbp swap if I were going with those wheels.

They are those exact style of rims. I'll run down and take a look in the morning. I know they are backspaced. Thanks for the advice MuuMuu.

X2.....IMO your Fish would look better with the Cragars like your avatar shows.....

That was the plan but being my father, I'll probably get a killer deal on those should I be able to make them fit.

Again, depending on how thick those spacers are, I'm not sure you'll fit them in the front. Also, what rear end are you running as that plays a role on what will and won't fit. You can always try them out. If it were me, and I think I could make them work, I'd probably go with a bbp swap front and rear and avoid the spacers. But again, that's costly and can be quite a bit of work.

-
Back