66 Barracuda AWB Funny Car....Dragula Style

-

Dragula

Reaction score
So, many of you have seen this car on here before. I bought it this summer, and I am trying to get a handle on it. Was more project than I wanted, but I was bored.....So after getting it home, I found I needed to change some things for the power that is to come. Since then, one thing has led to another.....And it more of big mess right now, but I am trying to get it the way it needs to be to run as fast as I want to go, be safe, and comfortable......

DSC07696.JPG

DSC07697.JPG

DSC07698.JPG

DSC07700.JPG

DSC07701.JPG

DSC07702.JPG

DSC07703.JPG

DSC07704.JPG

DSC07705.JPG

DSC07706.JPG

Well that's interestin! Keep it comin!

So some sharp eyed readers will notice, I did not get everything shown in the other threads with the car...Not all of it was either offered or maybe not available at the time, but I think it went thru a couple transactions before I got it. Either way, I am a drag racer, and this car will see the track and if I am lucky, I will set it up for street as well...Money always being the issue. It now has a 4340 Moly cage in it good to 8.50's, just needs window net. The fire wall, floor, trans tunnel, I could not completely live with and fit in there comfortably....So, that was all cut out...There was just no way to make it all work.

I already have a FG dash that was fitted with the new cage, and a new Hemi block that will end up at either 528 or 540 cubes with an 8-71 on it....Kirkey seats are going in, and a few other goodie parts....Would have loved to buy Squirrels car as a roller and start there, but this will have to do now...

Hell yeah. I love it when people drive ragged edge cars on the street. I had a friend years ago with a Fox Mustang.....WAY different than what you're doin here, but that car went like 8.60s on a 10" tire and he drove it to the ice cream store all the time. lol

So the lawn ornament comes home this week....I will see if I can get some updated pics this weekend, but honestly, I need to get my butt in gear and get my Duster running ASAP for the start of the season and I can't do both....But I still want to mount the drive train in it. Anyone got a BB to 727 JW unit? I need one for the trans that is going in the lawn ornament.

Other that that, its as I said I was going to do....I had the cage cut out and put in a moly one, along with the firewall & floor and had some cross braces put in where needed and the frame gusseted. New dash is mounted, and next will be seats and pedals, then either fuel stuff and wiring, or the crazy headers I want to do...

This is the biggest project I have ever taken on, and I feel a little bewildered by it. I mean, there is nothing mounted to this chassis yet. Let alone, paint and body work and trim.....But it should be pretty cool when close to done. Will it fit the nostalgia rules, doubt it, maybe change some stuff in the future depending if its easy enough...Its purpose, is to be a nostalgic blown street & strip car....I can have fun with.

As far as pedals go, what do you guys like? Looking for a nice firewall throttle and brake pedal...

Very cold here this week. Not going to get a break in temp for a while. Tough to work on stuff at these temps...I also forgot to mention the trans tunnel around the bell is removable and the cowl that was cut out for the blower has been filled back in.as the engine has been moved forward cause I needed the foot well room.

So I still need pedals, JW for BBM, and I have a question, can a set of lightening rods work with a RMVB 727?

DSC07738-1.jpg

DSC07737-1.jpg

DSC07736.JPG

DSC07735.JPG

DSC07734.JPG

Very cold here this week. Not going to get a break in temp for a while. Tough to work on stuff at these temps...I also forgot to mention the trans tunnel around the bell is removable and the cowl that was cut out for the blower has been filled back in.as the engine has been moved forward cause I needed the foot well room.

So I still need pedals, JW for BBM, and I have a question, can a set of lightening rods work with a RMVB 727?

View attachment 1715869497

View attachment 1715869498

View attachment 1715869499

View attachment 1715869500

View attachment 1715869501

So the lawn ornament comes home this week....I will see if I can get some updated pics this weekend, but honestly, I need to get my butt in gear and get my Duster running ASAP for the start of the season and I can't do both....But I still want to mount the drive train in it. Anyone got a BB to 727 JW unit? I need one for the trans that is going in the lawn ornament.

Other that that, its as I said I was going to do....I had the cage cut out and put in a moly one, along with the firewall & floor and had some cross braces put in where needed and the frame gusseted. New dash is mounted, and next will be seats and pedals, then either fuel stuff and wiring, or the crazy headers I want to do...

This is the biggest project I have ever taken on, and I feel a little bewildered by it. I mean, there is nothing mounted to this chassis yet. Let alone, paint and body work and trim.....But it should be pretty cool when close to done. Will it fit the nostalgia rules, doubt it, maybe change some stuff in the future depending if its easy enough...Its purpose, is to be a nostalgic blown street & strip car....I can have fun with.

As far as pedals go, what do you guys like? Looking for a nice firewall throttle and brake pedal...
The brake petal and master cylinder in the box on the floor is the correct one to use . The petal has the correct swing ratio to use with the master cylinder you have . The master cylinder matches the brake assembly that is on the car at this time according to my talks with Wildwood brakes , just food for thought . THE Squirrel that build this car and over 30 more for customers .

-
Back