66 Barracuda Drive Train Swap

-

ugly fish

Reaction score
Just getting started with restoring my first Mopar, 66 Cuda. Pretty complete car but looking at removing 273 2bbl for 360 or 408. Long term going for street/strip running in high 11s. Currently planning on pulling engine, transmission, rear end, and extra stuff (AC, PS, etc.)

Looking for general advice about parts to make sure to keep along the way (if any) and best way of selling off original drive line. I haven't seen a lot of complete engines listed, and didn't know if this was due to low demand or what... Appreciate your 0.02

Welcome to FABO ugly fish! Great name!

Once you decide which way you want to go and start getting into it, post up your specific questions in the best thread and these great MoPar guys will help ya out!!!

I also have a 66 Barracuda. Put in a 273 Commando (HiPo) motor from another 66 barracuda. I'm going to keep the 273 and eventually rebuild it. Toolmanmike posted his 273 rebuild in a thread and documented the entire build. Search around and you'll find it. great reading!

Welcome to FABO from another '66 owner

my journey hasn't been quite as challenging as yours may be, but you'll find lots of knowledge, support, and parts here

Welcome from even another 66 Plymouth, Enjoy :glasses7:

Ugly fish hhmmmm? This call name reminds me of the Chevy guy who sold us our 66 Barracuda
(bogus66cuda) guy trying to make a quick mopar flip.
We have a 66 that my girlfriend drives and is not pleased with the power expescially after riding in my 73 duster with a stroker. Needless to say I'll be changing the drive train this coming winter. Of course she doesn't need that much.
welcome to the forum ?
That motor has a forged crank - well forget it, tons of performance parts. put a bigger cam in it, 250 shot of nitrous, on top of a four barrel intake and under a Holley 600 . BAM! High 11's

-
Back