66 Barracuda Glove box door help

-

searcher1990

Reaction score
Hey, need some help. Tore apart my dash on my 66 barracuda and cant remember how backside of glove box door goes together. I have a long skinny bar that I cant figure out. I took a million pictures but for some reason not of back of glove box door. It seems to fit on top behind plastic trim but then door doesn't close right. Would love a picture of one put together so I can get this assembled and dash frame back in car. thanks for the help!

I'll get you a shot of that area when I get home unless someone beats me to it!!

It might also be that the entire door needs to be adjusted before tightening the screws that hold the hinges in place. I just recently did the same thing. I removed the glove box liner before, then placed the door closed exactly where it should close, then tightened the screws from the back while holding the door in place. Hope that helps!

Sounds like he's having trouble with the metal filler strip not being in the correct location!!

Ok, here we go! The metal piece goes on the top of the glovebox trim plastic piece, and it finishes the glovebox door to the dash frame! Included is a pic of the metal piece laying the correct way on the rear of the trim piece!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 96
Here is a closeup of the trim laying in the proper location on the trim piece!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 107
Here is the piece installed on the glovebox door of my blue car!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 109
One more, this is a piece of Signet glovebox trim! Notice how the metal piece detail is built right in to the Signets aluminum trim plate!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 93
Hey, I cant believe I didn't think to try it in that position. Thanks for the help Cosgig, Skylines225. My memory doesn't seem to last very long these days. ha. I really appreciate your time on this.

Hey, I cant believe I didn't think to try it in that position. Thanks for the help Cosgig, Skylines225. My memory doesn't seem to last very long these days. ha. I really appreciate your time on this.

No problem my friend!!!

-
Back