66 Barracuda options ?

-
The retracts were an option and I'm finding many different configurations depending on an actual personally optioned car or whether it came from the factory in that manner. On my 66 FS there are retracts but no center console? Front discs but no sure-grip? Who does that?

mine are mixed - but with the same date as my front belts (and they are old and used)

I also have retractors on the front and none on the rear. No console. 66 barracuda.

I did a little research on the seat belt question....here's what I found:

1965 Barracuda: 2 front seat belts were standard equipment. Option code #478 (+$9.85) = 2 front, 2 rear retractable seatbelts. (I think just the front belts were retractable) Option code #326 (-$14.90) = rear seatbelt delete. My 65 has front retractable belts and no rear belts.

For 66: front and rear belts standard equipment. Option code # 557 (+$9.65) = 2 front, 2 rear retractable seatbelts. (Again for 66, I think only the fronts retracted). But I see no option to delete the rear belts as in 65. My 66 has front and rear without any retraction.

My car is an August 1965 build - I have mixed rear belts with the same date code. I believe that later in 66 the belt style was changed

IMG_0265.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG

IMG_0267.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

I am curious, to all 66 owners, cuda, dart, valiant. etc. Do you have factory rear seat belts and are they retractable or straps? Does the female seat belt connector have dual square holes or side indents?

My 66 Valiant Station has non-retractable rear seat belts.

Besides it has the Rallye Package (Heavy duty springs and shocks and a anti-roll bar) combined with a 273 -2bbl. And 14'' wheels because of the front disc brakes.

-
Back