66 Barracuda Question

-

jeeper

Reaction score
I am going through all of my cars and parts and getting rid of alot of stuff.

I usually put in my ads something about mopar trades. Anything to get rid of what I do not need and move towards something I do.

Anyways, a guy says he has a 66 Barracuda with a /6 and auto. It is in "reasonable" condition.

I have my own ideas, but I need yours regarding 66 cuda's in general.

How desireable are they, especially with a /6?

Parts availability?

Ability to resell?

I am not looking to flip etc. However one thing that my 64 Valiant has taught me is that it is far easier to get something home than to get rid of it.

Even if I think it is cool:cheers:

Thanks for your input.

ROB

Well, I can tell you since I am in the middle of putting one together, Parts .....Primarily sheetmetal can be difficult if it is more than a door or fender to find.
Other than that they share most everything with the dart valiant of the same time period!

I really like the early A-bodies. They are very affordable so don't spend a lot for any of them (unless it has big-time a race history) but this also means don't expect to sell it for anything either - it is really easy to up totally upside down on one of these cars, so only get it if you really like it, it's really inexpensive or in perfect condition. The parts to keep them running are very reasonable (for a Mopar) but the trim pieces can be hard to find in decent shape. They are affordable nice running & fun driving cars.

the 66 is a good thing for the fish The 1966 Plymouth Barracuda received some subtle styling changes this year. The grill was revised as well as new tail lights were put in place. However, largely the car remained the same as the 1964 and 1965 models. The drivetrain remained unchanged from the 1965 Barracuda. However, the Barracuda would soon receive significant changes in just one year, the 273 in at 10.0 Comp was the top of the line.
I think Commando was the id name in 66.

The firs picture is a handling son of a Bi!! barracuda and can hold a big block.
My car 66 Sedan would like to hide what he has Mine is the #2 picture.
Yes =P~ I think 66 is a nice and very good early a body.
A barracuda would be the bomb.

Starfish_side.jpg

DOMINOS 093.jpg

You asking us about a 66 Cuda??? Of course we're gonna tell you to snag it up, don't pay too much, and get it home PRONTO. These early A bodies are not easy to find, and they can be done on the cheap if you take your time and enjoy the process. If you're just looking to flip it, times right now are tough to move cars, so my advise is to get it and work on it slow until times improve. Get it running if possible as cheaply as you can, and enjoy it. SSVDP, you're talkin my language with the upside down thing, but in my case, every penny is well spent as the 66 in my avatar is my wife's car, and a Mopar wife is a happy wife!!! Party on all, Geof

I figure I'll post here because 64 65 66 cuda's are pretty much the same am i right? I have a 65, it has a 340 i traded an 03 caravan for it, even, no kidding. I am having some trouble with the electrical. I was moving the battery from the back to the front and I can't figure out which way the wires go. If you need pictures to help I'm more than happy to go snap a few shots. Anything will help b/c right now I'm at a brick wall.
Thanks.

The early A's are dear to me, had one in high school, they are 289 eating machines and I loved it. They are history to me.

You ground the battery to the frame in back (Frame to enigne in the front)and run the + wire up the side to the starter relay. Use those little wire holders down the frame and use good heavy welding cable.

-
Back