66 Barracuda Rear Window Trim

-

Chuck Bushey

Reaction score
I was wondering what the official paint scheme is supposed to be for the rear window trim. My understanding is that it is not all just shiny chrome but that there is also supposed to be some of it painted black. Could someone let me know what the official paint scheme should be and where? I think the background of the fish was maybe supposed to be blue?

So, the fish background was both blue and red. Was that the official coloring? I thought the fish background would be all blue the same as the fish emblem on the front grill. Not sure I like the red and blue especially since my car is Red on Red, getting a non-conflicting red color for that area would be a challenge I think. Anyway, thanks for that link. I guess the 65 model with the Valiant V emblem the Blue and Red looks OK but I think it looks funky with the fish. Needless to say mine has no paint at all except for the side pieces tabs which were covered by the center pieces. Thanks again.

Here's the fish background in blue.

IMG_4237.JPG

Yea, that looks better to me. I believe I will go that route. I may come back here later and submit pictures after I am done with them. Thanks!

So, the fish background was both blue and red. Was that the official coloring? I thought the fish background would be all blue the same as the fish emblem on the front grill. Not sure I like the red and blue especially since my car is Red on Red, getting a non-conflicting red color for that area would be a challenge I think. Anyway, thanks for that link. I guess the 65 model with the Valiant V emblem the Blue and Red looks OK but I think it looks funky with the fish. Needless to say mine has no paint at all except for the side pieces tabs which were covered by the center pieces. Thanks again.
Hi Chuck. The photo Professor Fate linked to is mine. It is not the correct color scheme as far as I know. I just painted it to what I thought might look neat on my '65 Barracuda. The '66 piece is not correct on my '65 anyway so I just winged it. Maybe it does look funky, I don't know. :)

It looks okay but just wasn't to my preference. After all we do what suits our own fancy. My car is Red on Red and I like that, others are gold or something else. I guess it boils down to what works for a specific person. I was just wondering if there was an actual original scheme because all the ones I see have no paint on them these days and repops appear to be just black which does nothing for me either.

There is not much I have ever been able to find on that '66 color scheme. Maybe someone in the know can weigh in. I personally believe both the outer circle and inner fish circle were black. I have seen on line some restorations that would suggest otherwise (as in blue in center). Like this:

https://www.motortrend.com/features/1966-barracuda-formula-s/

Interesting to me...

-
Back