-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Argometer

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have for sale a light blue '66 Charger. I bought the car in 1994 and am the 2nd owner. I am including a description of the car and it's problems in the attachments. I am looking to get $10,000.00 out of the car. I am firm on the price. I live in Bellingham, Washington, so if anyone close by is interested in seeing the car they are more than welcome to come take a look. The pictures were taken about a month ago. I have all of these pictures at a higher quality and many more. I am also willing to take more pictures. Fore more pictures PM me and I will w-mail them to you.

Steve

Cropped engine bay.jpg

Cropped Front interior.jpg

Cropped front pass quarter.jpg

Cropped Nose.jpg

Cropped passenger side.jpg

Cropped rear.jpg

Cropped rear drivers quarter.jpg

Cropped rear interior.jpg

Sorry, the word document did not attach. I will copy and paste it here. By the way the engine is a 361 cid.

I purchased this Charger in 1994 from the original owner, Frank Hurson. When I bought the car it had just over 39,000 miles on it. The restoration work on the car was done before I bought it in 1994. The only things I have added are an aftermarket tail light, an aftermarket trunk emblem and an aftermarket washer bottle. The car was originally purchased at Hollywood Dodge as “the wife’s grocery getter”. It subsequently moved to Arizona before moving to White Rock, B.C. It spent many years in a barn (go figure). Hurson finally decided that he wanted to put the car on the road and that he wanted a B.C. collector plate. To get a collector plate in B.C. the car has to meet a certain standard. For more info on that ask a resident who has gone through the process. I only know the most sketchy of details. I do know that the wife hit a concrete pillar in a parking lot at some point that cracked the “C” chrome on the passenger’s fender. Thanks to a fellow Charger enthusiast I do have another “C” chrome, but it hasn’t been installed. The car has just shy of 58,000 miles on it. I put about 6,000 on when I made a trip to a Charger Registry event in Texas in 2005 (that was partly in celebration of the car finally hitting 50,000 miles). At the suggestion of a friend, I ran a refrigerator magnedt along both quarters to check for bondo. The magnet seemed to have the same pull at all points on both quarters. I know very little about body work, so I would be more than happy to let anyone inspect the car.
I will try to cover the problems the car has. The electroluminescent gauge lights do not work. The headlight doors usually rotate open, but may take up to a week to decide to close. The upholstery on the driver’s seat is starting to deteriorate. The aftermarket A/C leaks inside the passenger’s compartment. Both “C” chromes are pitted, and as mentioned before the passenger’s side is cracked (although I do have a replacement. The carpet is probably original. The antenna is rusty. When they repainted they came very close to the original color, but didn’t quite make a match. Also, they put the Charger badges on the “C” pillars on backwards. Other than that the car is in excellent condition, I believe.

While that may sound like a lot, I want to try to cover all of the problems I can so that nobody gets any “surprises” after buying the car. I want people to know what they are paying for.

Steve

Wow that brings back memories.

My dad had a '66 in light blue that he resored/showed when I was growning up. He sold it back in '92. It was a strange duck...318, AC, power brakes but manual steering. We also have the spoked/spinner hubcaps....he had that car longer than any other in his life (almost 10 years).

I thought he was gonna cry as he watched the new owner load it on a car trailer. At least it went to a good home. The guy bought it to match his 66 hemi 4spd car (red, of course).

My dad replaced it with a '70 Swinger 340....so all is good.

Best of luck selling it. They are great cars IMO, even if they aren't as popular as the 68-70s.

we had a red /marroon one as well, 66 w/ the 318 wide block,,,sold it in 2000 for 1,500....I wished I kept it today....car was not nearly as nice as yours..I think yours is well priced..and should sell out their......

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back