66 Cuda carpet question

-

Viper21700

Reaction score
Ok gents, when I bought the cuda, it came with a new carpet kit from Legendary interiors (the front carpet in the car was fantastic, but the rear carpet behind the seat in the "fake trunk" was dry rotted and dying a horrible death... I guess 50+ years will do that lol. I removed the old carpet today and it had cardboard underneath, which as everything else, was dryrotted and dying (I looked like a dust bunny when I got done, greyish brownish dryrot dust EVERYWHERE) my question is one- how do I install the new carpet, and two do I need the cardboard? if so where do I get that at?
Also- does anyone have an extra rear seat pivot bolt for the drivers side floating around? The seat was missing that bolt when I pulled it out.

We do have a few members here selling 66 Barracuda's in the parting out cars for sale and another member has a rear seat for sale in the int. parts for sale :glasses7:
I would locate them for you but I am on the run :burnout: Welcome aboard this great site if I have not welcomed you yet:color:

Place the carpet in the inside after removing the front & rear seats and any seatbelts/console and edge trim where carpet needs to tuck under. The carpet should fit pretty well as it is molded to the shape of the floor pans.

A good trick to use for making holes for the seats and seatbelts etc is to go out and buy a cheap disposable soldering iron. Then use the iron from under the car to melt the carpet for the holes for the seats and seatbelts.

I just got done redoing the back of the rear seat. Came out pretty good, hopefully after the sun hits it for a few days the carpet will tighten up. took some steel wool to the nasty chrome latch assemblys, cleaned them up to almost as good as new! Illl put pics up later this evening.

Well got the floor carpet and the folding truck wood carpet installed today. came out pretty painless. pulled the old metal pan out, washed it off really well and scrubbed the interior out pretty good. good news is there was no rust in the back. going to pull the cabin carpet out and clean the crap out of it when I go back to sc in a couple months, and roll some por-15 and herculiner down underneath the carpet.... this beast will never rust muahahahaha

So got the rear seat mostly re-installed today, vacuumed the fifty pounds of dirt and grime out of it, looked under the front passenger seat and found a plethora of awesomeness... an OLD school timing light (circa 1960's) in the box, a 1971 hardback copy if chiltons auto repair manual 1964-1971 and a book called Basics by John Remling from mid 70's covering your basic auto repair tasks.... score......

-
Back