66 Cuda electrical connector- dash board next to ammeter

-

Viper21700

Reaction score
Ok gents, there is a three pin plug on the back of the dashboard on my cuda. its next to the ammeter connectors and above the ingition switch. The connector that goes on it isnt marked which way it should go. does the connectory go grey grey orange, with the orange towards the ammeter, or orange grey grey with the grey end wire towards the meter??

The pins are staggered, 2 close together and one lonesome one!! It only goes on one way!! Geof

on mine neg, its pin space pin space pin space... five row connector, three pins I think I have it though... bout to hook the battery up and have my wife stand by with the extinguisher in case I catch on fire.... cross your fingers gents.....

Awesome! Ill double check it in the morning.. Im done for the day today wrenching.. hooked the battery up today, tested my headlights, relays work properly and I didnt see any release of the magic electron transmitting smoke, so I sealed the wires correctly lol. Temporarily bypassed my neutral safety switch (grounded it out.. didnt feel like climbing under the car today) and tried to start it.. battery of course was almost dead. turned half a turn then click click click. Ive got it hooked up to the trickle charger overnight, should be good to go tomorrow.. Next project- install electronic ignition using a trailbeast inspired ignition system...

-
Back