66 Cuda

-

imager

Reaction score
I just started working on my recent purchase a 66 cuda and have a few things that i need help with.

1- Map light, I found it under the glove box if someone can show me a pic of where it goes or any info on it.

2- Glove Box Light. Found the wires but it has been cut off. A pic of what I need to find or make would be nice.

3- License plate Light is just hanging . Where does it go or what is missing is more like it.

Thank you all for your help i have really like this project and I'm working to get all the electrical working before i start to clean and restore the car.

william

OK Imager, sorry I didn't see this thread, I was at the Nats all weekend and just signed on. Here is the location of the map light. It is inder the dash on the passenger side, just to the left of the glovebox. The bracket has an embossment that fits the contour of the bottom lip of the dash, and the screw hole is large enough to fit the screw and looks to be chamfered. Next is the glovebox light...there is no glovebox light on either of my 66's, no provision for the wiring, no bracket mount and only the hole in the top of the glovebox liner to even alude to the fact that there may be one. The glovebox may also fit other models as well, but neither of my cars has an evidence of one. Remember that with the glovebox light would also be a glovebox door switch to activate it when the door opens, which there is no evidence of on mine either. The license plate light is mounted to the bumper and the wire passes through the rear bumper filler panel through a grommeted hole. Pictured are the map light and the licence plate light for reference. Hope this helps, Geof

Attachments

• 100_3337.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_3338.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 102
-
Back