66 cuda

-

spearsfam1316

Reaction score
i have a 66 barracuda and i need to replace the door hinge pins.can anyone help? i bought a pin puller from eastwood but it won't work. the bottom pin is longer than the throat on the puller. i also need to remove the wiper arms and i can't locate the right tool to remove them . the manual i have says use tool# c-3982 but no one seems to have one. can anyone help?

I seen new pins and bushings on ebay just the other day! do a search in ebay and type in 66 valiant, I would start by spraying the hinge pin's down with Blaster, It's a penetrating spay. and keep them sprayed down till the new pins arrive, I hope a tec will jump in and help you soon on the other stuff.
Let me welcome you to this great site spearsfam1316

i bought new pins. i need to take the old ones out. how do you replace them with out a pin puller? i bought one from eastwood but it won't pull the bottom pin because it's longer than the top one. thanks for your reply.

Take the hinges off.If you have the kit Memike is showing you will need to drill the holes out for the bushings,the originals did not have the bushings in the hinges,just a pin,when wore out,it opens the holes up and wears the pin.If you just replaced the pin,they will still be sloppy,thats where the bushing comes in to play.Can be bought at the local parts store.

thanks guys. i was hoping i wouldn't have to take the hinges off. now all i need is some help on how to take off the wiper arms any suggestion?

Pullback on the arm(spring loaded)there should be lever on the arm down by the stud,pull that lever out,let the arm down and should come off.May need to rock it back and forth if its stuck.May need a screw driver under neath or
something to give you leverage without damaging the cowl,should be enough shoulder on the stud if you have the right sized screw driver/tool under the arm to pry.

Take the hinges off.If you have the kit Memike is showing you will need to drill the holes out for the bushings,the originals did not have the bushings in the hinges,just a pin,when wore out,it opens the holes up and wears the pin.If you just replaced the pin,they will still be sloppy,thats where the bushing comes in to play.Can be bought at the local parts store.

Thank you 340sixpack :-D But my hinges are good :cheers:
I was just posting them up here for our new member spearsfam1316 :-D
I am happy to say Victoria's hinges are in great shape, Thank you for the info though :cheers: You have a great Turkey day weekend 340sixpack :happy10:

Thank you 340sixpack :-D But my hinges are good :cheers:
I was just posting them up here for our new member spearsfam1316 :-D
I am happy to say Victoria's hinges are in great shape, Thank you for the info though :cheers: You have a great Turkey day weekend 340sixpack :happy10:

Thanks Memike,you too!:thumrigh:

-
Back