66 Dart Dash Pad.

-

jose65cuda

Reaction score
Dart sat at our local wrecking yard for over30 years. Owner kept hoping one day he would restore it well he didn't and he sold it to me. Well thought I would share a picture that's what happens to a Dash pad after sitting out in the elements in the car. I just bought a replacement from a FABO member and it is 200% up-grade.

Dash pad.JPG
ValPartout 039.JPG

Looks great.
That is a Barracuda/Valiant pad; the Dart was shaped a little different.

That looks awesome! Did you remove the old padding first or did you just glue it over the whole thing? I am asking because I have one for my car and the body shop guy asked me today how we should put it on. I told him that I would ask on here when I got home, and lo and behold, I found this post right away!!!

Sorry but I bought dash pad of FABO member originally from a 65 Valiant a bit different but that's all right. 66Dvert is starting to experiment on 66 Dart dash Pads you might want to message him

But did you have to take off the padding to install it or did you just go over the wonky cracked pad?

Oh no I replaced the whole dash pad that is an original 65 Valiant dash pad I just filled in some minor cracks and used black paint made for painting plastic.

-
Back