66 Dart Fender tag decoder

-

DaveZee

SoCal Mopar Guy
Reaction score
Just got my first Mopar last night, a 66 Dart GT. I'm having a tough time finding a fender tag decoder for 66. Help!!

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, that decoder doesn't work for 66 Darts :(

Back to the drawing board...

These are the codes I got from the fender tag:
SO number : C0906156
Body LP23
Trim P4W
Paint KK1 B

Then the letters in the top half of the tag were coded as follows:
a6
b4
p6
A3
B1
C5
E1
R1

Sid- I see the vin decoder, but not a fender tag decoder. What is it called?

I admit, I don't wear glasses for fun, so maybe I'm just looking past it...

DaveZee,
I'm sure Galen Govier can decode it for a price........ Saw the picture of the car, it is a nice starting point. Torq Thrust D's are what I put on the front of mine, but I am going for the nostalgia 60's stocker look. Good Luck!

She just had a birthday last month, Dec.6 (built in 1965).
L=Dart P=premium price class (Dart GT) 23=2dr hrdtp.
P4W P= Premium trim grade, 4=bucket vinyl, W=white & black color
KK1 roof color K=medium turquoise metallic. body color K=medium turquoise metallic. 1=monotone, top and body the same color. upper door frame color B=black.
a6=console, b4=bucket seats, p6=mirror outside lh remote.
AB 31=273 2bbl 180h.p., C5=torqueflite, E1=??? this could be 1 of many posible things. Could be air, tinted windows. Not sure on that one. Sorry, don't have all the answers ,I'm still learning too. R1=Music master radio 2 watt. TURN IT DOWN , YOU'RE HURTING MY EARS!
They are three # codes and can be kinda confusing. The code for the radio is 421, air is 411, tinted glass is 521, bumper guards ft are 481. Someone might help us with the "E1" code, I hope. Congrats on the car, It should be fun. Ray

Ray-

Thanks a bunch for the info! Can't wait to get to work on her!

-
Back