66 Dart Headliner Question

-

rod7515

Reaction score
Im getting ready to install my headliner on my 66 dart 2 door hardtop. I have a set of bows that has 5 bows. Im reading some for sale ads and I see there have been sets with 5 and sets with 6. Why the difference? the headliner I bought has 6 seams for 6 bars and the car has 6 slots also but I only took out 5 when i tore the old headliner out. Anyone else ever change the headliner on a 66 2 dr hardtop and have pics or can add any helpful suggestions or comments? I welcome any help I can get.
Thanks Rod

You should be able to order the headliner for a 5 or 6 bow set up so either buy a 6th bow or reorder the headliner . Finding a 6th bow might be pretty tough but I'm sure someone on here has one .

I might be eating my words , I can't find any suppliers listing the number of bows required for they're headliner so I'll call my supplier on Monday and try and get an explanation for your 5 bow headliner .

Thanks, that would be great. I have some extra bows I took out of a GT so maybe one of them would work. The one I didn't have was the next to last one at the back. I'm not sure if the GT had 5 or 6 so I'll have to look when I get home on Monday.
Rod

OK I just found another situation regarding the Dart headliner . Yearone has a listing for a 63-66 Dart and a listing for a 63-66 Valiant/Dart , they have different part numbers for the 2 listings but agin they don't specify the number of bows .

It takes 6 Bows. The 6th Bow is shorter and goes into 2 small clips in the middle of the C-Pillar. Sorry..No pics
My '65 Dart GT has 6 bows, and I'm fairly certain the '65 & '66 car's roofs are the same...different material but the same design and structure.

-
Back