66 dart positive battery cable ?

-

66dartgt

Reaction score
I ordered a positive battery cable from Atlas obsolete auto parts out of CA for the 66 V8 dart application. After receiving it - I compared it to two old cables I know to be genuine 66 dart originals, it was not remotely the same. I compared the atlas to a repro 66 B body cable and the atlas cable was nearly a dead ringer for the B cable, returned it to Atlas.

Does evans wiring make stuff like this if I send my original ? Anyone else making these I can buy outright ?

Actually one of the cables is not too bad, just the lead connector to the battery has been replaced with one of those cheapie bolt on clamp deals instead. I suppose I could clean it up and use it, its not roasted or corroded just really dirty.

I just like having the "right" stuff on the car not only for appearance but for function.

Ideas appreciated.

Got the same problem with a factory 65 Dart V8 positive cable. Talked to Evans at last years' Nats and he said they could probably repro it. I've never got around to sending it to him and since the Nats are getting close, I figured I'd just bring it with me to see what he says. I'd need 3 of them (65 Dart GT convert (going with a 340), 65 Dart wagon (also a 340) and 65 Barracuda (273).

you might check atlas obsolete - they had cables for 66, 65, and 64 applications, I know the 66 is wrong, but maybe the 65's are okay. If they are the same as the 66 then they are wrong, but their catalog shows them to appear different than the 66 type. I plan on going to the nats as well but would rather get a cable before hand.

-
Back