66 Dart Radio

-

Legacy

Reaction score
Have a 66 Dart without a radio. I know thru research that the original AM radio was a MOPAR part # 229 and the AM/FM was a MOPAR part # 379.

What I was wonder was if there is any other radio that fits the original opening in the radio bezel?

Want to keep dash looking somewhat stock but certainly willing to fab mounting brackets, re-route antenna wire, etc. Would even consider aftermarket radio as a LAST resort.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Legacy

You can use a newer Mopar radio....up to 1976 or so from any A-Body. It will fit fine, just not perfectly correct looking.

6pk2goDemon
Thanks very much for the advice. I'm ok with the radio looking slightly different than the original so long as it fits in the radio bezel without mod to the bezel.
Legacy

Here's a pic of a 70's model Mopar radio in a 66 Dart. I forgot to mention it has to be a knob style radio only......a thumbwheel won't work.

Attachments

• Mopar Radio 001.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 83
6pk2goDemon

Picture very helpful. Looks like you had to remove the horizontal piece of the bezel that separated the buttons from the dial face. Was that the only mod you had to make to the bezel?

Thanks again

Legacy

I have a working am radio and always keeping an eye out for a fm converter for
my radio or my cassette player, good luck on your search
My 66 valiant

Attachments

• vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20015.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 80
-
Back