'66 dodge dart 170

-

gibson_es

Reaction score
Here's my new old jelopy. Well, jelopy is a bit harsh, as she runs pretty good. Anyway, going to move slow on this, I'm a broke, married, college student with a kid on the way, so no rush really. The goal is 5 years, no more the 7 years. Assuming I don't get an offer somewhere for a "can't pass up" trade or something.

1966 dodge dart, 170 /6, 3 on the tree.

I would like it painted the same color, kk1. The idea I have here, is that at the end of summer start standing it down, get the larger dents out, and get a cheap paint job in September, just to hold me over. In a few years when the time is right and she is almost done, I will get here a Damn fine paint job, of the same color still. It don't have a radio, never did, so I plan on getting the appropriate bezel and a radio from the same time period, so it is as if it came that way, gotta fix the instrument cluster, including speedometer, gotta get the brake lights and turn signals working, and install seatbelts in the back for a car seat. Gotta get a new from seat or get this one reapolstered and stuffed. New clutch soon out of necessity. New windshield as this one is white around the edges, new side mirrors, and get the door locks repined to match the ignition key. And I new exhaust system, unsure of what yet, as i want to find what will sound best on this tiny motor. This is what's planned for 2011.

As far as the motor goes, completely up in the air, im kinda thinking, this year or next, depending on time and funds, rebuilding this motor, because its old and sounds a little rough, and I wanna play it safe. Might go with a baby cam, headers, 2 or 4 bbl manifold and carb. Nothing big and expensive, just a little something to get me by. Again, this is really pretty up in the air still. I would like to get a hold of a 318, and work on it a little at a time tillvim happy with it, this car is going to be my DD for a couple years, so keeping the 6 in it for a while has its advantages. Right now the car is pretty much all original, so a part of me things I should just leave the /6 in it for good.

Everything else, is up in the air. Small stuff first, I window crank here, an arm rest there, starting with The gas gap, really liking the flip cap conversion!

Enough of my rambling, here's the photos..

IMAG0082-1.jpg

IMAG0083-1.jpg

IMAG0089-1.jpg

IMAG0053-1.jpg

IMAG0085-1.jpg

IMAG0089-1.jpg

IMAG0074-1.jpg

IMAG0063-1.jpg

-
Back