66 mustang engine needed

-

63dartman

Reaction score
Sorry for posting FERD stuff here but, My father-in-law is at his rope ends. I just spent 3 days helping install a 170 ci straight six in his daughters 66 mustang. He got it from a "freind" that said it ran when pulled. Well, it ran for about 10 minutes and locked up. Does anyone have good resources for a 200 straight six? I can get a long block rebuild from autozone for 1 thousand plus core but would like to help him save some money. He is a Vet on fixed income. He only has about 500 for the engine. Anything above that is coming from my pocket just to help him out. Anyone got any ideas?

If you throw in Fairmonts, Granadas, Monarchs, Zephyrs, Fox body Mustangs, ad nauseum your search will have a better chance. These engines came in most everything Ford/Mercury made until the early to mid '80s. They were either 200ci or 250ci. Just look for a Ford inline 6 with the intake cast into the head. The '66 Mustang stuff should bolt right up. Found a bunch of them on car-parts.com for anywhere from $200 to $375. Found one in your area (Southwest) with 44K for the high figure. Leaves a little for shipping and beer. :drinkers::drinkers: Hope this helps.

Take a look on craigs list and ebay as well. you might find something there. Local newspapers like the thrifty nickel in your part of the country might have something in there too.

-
Back