66 steering wheel

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2 styles, standard 2-spoke painted and 3-spoke woodgrain, which one are you looking for?

Mine has the original 2 spoke painted, which all my trim is good, not sure I can afford a original 3 spoke wg, even though I would love it.

What are you looking to spend?? I have an early A woodgrain wheel in pretty nice shape for $150.00 and shipping. Heres a few pics of it. There is some cracking along the top of the rim, but no significant cracks in the rim anywhere. Pictured is the largest crack, which runs sideways and is about 1 1/2" long. There are a couple pits on the spokes and horn button, but not many. It's a pretty nice, unrestored wheel, and I think a pretty resonable price!! Interested?? Pm me if ya are!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_4308.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_4309.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 100_4311.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 165
yes sounds reasonable, but I would like to try a get a good replacement for my original one. If I bought yours, I would have to try and get the pitting fixed, if possible,,, as it would bother me.
thanks

The 2-spoke ones are really hard to find in good shape, almost impossible to locate a crack free one. I have a decent one with 2 small cracks that I will repair this winter for my car. I looked for over 2 years till I found a nice core.

Yes, If mine had small cracks I would fix it too, that's waht I thought I would do until I removed it, the lower 1/3 of the main hub fell off. and the top 1/2 of the wheel is soft and easily nicked, so it's junk. I would not mind buying the wood one above except I am not sure if that pitting can be repaired.
thanks
May just have to buy a grant ;(

What color is your original wheel?? I also have a standard 2 spoke black wheel on my 66 project thats in pretty nice shape. It does have a couple cracks, 1 each side where the spokes meet the rim, and again 1 each side where the spokes meet the center hub. Gonna change to a wood wheel so I could part with it if you need it!!

On a side note, are you the member who messaged me looking for a Maroon upper and lower dash pad for a 68 Cuda?? I have that deal lined for you if you were the one in need. PM if you were, or are interested in the black wheel!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_4315.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_4314.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_4313.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 152
  • 100_4312.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 122
Here are some more pics of the wheel. There are a couple of nicks on the rim but no cracks. Like I said in the add if you had a junk wheel with a good spoke trim piece, I think you could cover the hole.I would go $80 shipped.

Dave

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 002.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 145
  • 003.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 004.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.