'66 Valiant and Barracuda questions

-

4spdcuda66

Reaction score
For those of you who own '66 Valiants or Barracudas, if your upper door paint is a different color than the body color, will you please post a pic of the break point of the paint line, and can someone show me what the holes are for in the header panel where the grille bolts to the panel. There are four of these raised holes, and I'm not sure anything goes in them. I've had my car apart for a long time now and I don't recall some of this stuff. I've circled the areas in question. Thanks.

Attachments

• upper door.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 158
  • header panel.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 174
Here you go :cheers:

Just snapped these, my car is a 66 Valiant 2-door sedan, interior paint is factory, exterior paint has been redone but it looks like they taped up to the spot where the factory ended the colors.

Attachments

• DSC08742.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC08743.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 126
Here is mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0787 (800x678).jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0786 (518x800).jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 132
Thanks for the photos guys. The mystery holes are not for the hood release. The hood release are circled in yellow, the grille holes in green and the mystery holes in blue. Looking at KitCarlson's pics, it looks like the mystery holes are not used.

Attachments

• grille mount.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 150
Let me go look, I wounder if it is a 66 with a hood latch .. I am going to look at my 66 Valiant right know 4spdcuda66. :toothy9:

Wow I have a hole there but nothing is there, I did remove my out side hood latch and put/rigged up a in car hood latch... You can tell I am driving Victoria :glasses7: she needs a good detail again :toothy9:

Attachments

• OLD MEMORIES 108.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 129
  • OLD MEMORIES 109.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 150
  • OLD MEMORIES 113.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 118
My first picture was the wrong side, here is a better one.

Attachments

• IMG_0788 (800x309).jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 103
Looks like the holes that your grille is bolted to may be for Barracudas and the raised square areas with holes are for Valiant grilles?

Just went and checked and my Valiant grilles are bolted into the holes you're wondering about....so it must be the difference between the B and the V.

memikes grilles look to be the same as mine as well.

yep, I have a 66 cuda, it came with a Valiant grill because of wreck. When I put the cuda grill in it used different holes.

Wow I have a hole there but nothing is there, I did remove my out side hood latch and put/rigged up a in car hood latch... You can tell I am driving Victoria :glasses7: she needs a good detail again :toothy9:
Driving them is what you're supposed to do!! Good to hear she's running smoothly. When they need detailed, you know you're doing your job!!:burnout:

Thank you 4spdcuda66, it's great to hear I have everyone's approval how Victoria fills my years of care and keeping her off a tailor and on the road :D

Looks like the holes that your grille is bolted to may be for Barracudas and the raised square areas with holes are for Valiant grilles?

Just went and checked and my Valiant grilles are bolted into the holes you're wondering about....so it must be the difference between the B and the V.

memikes grilles look to be the same as mine as well.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!! :cheers:

-
Back