'66 Valiant - Dual MC conversion question(s)

-

AircoolerKirk

Reaction score
I bought the hard line conversion kit from InlineTube on eBay along with the distribution block. I also bought the dual res MC from a '67 Valiant. Couple questions if you have a second, since I am figuring this out as I go.

1. What other parts do i need?
  2. Anything beyond removing the old MC, bolting this one in, running new lines etc?
  3. I assume the distribution block mounts where the other one does.
  4. Which lines (F/R) run where on this block?
  5. Do i use the MC pushrod from my existing MC?

I think I can puzzle most of this out, but its late in the day, I'm at work and I don't want to brain anymore.

p6DRO7c.jpg

1. What other parts depends on the condition of the pads, drums, springs, cylinders, etc. Was the system working correctly prior to this?
2. New one should bolt in.
3. Yes, correct.
4. Which lines go where will become evident when you start swapping pieces in. All will line up when you get there. You'll have to bend, massage, etc to get things to line up just right.
5. Yes, and the new MC should come with a new push rod rubber seal. Put the old MC in a vice, attach some vice grips to the push rod and pull. Angle it downward a little you can use gravity.

Sorry, I meant to mention, I have all new everything for the brake system. Drums, wheel cylinders, shoes, hard lines, soft lines, everything.

Thank you for your very to the point and informative post. I haven't seen that video yet, but I will give it a watch!

Yep good luck, forgot to mention, you'll want to seat and reseat and repeat all the new hard line connections. Sometimes they are hard to get a good seal.

And don't go nuts pushing too hard or too far bench bleeding the master. I overdid my last one, stuck one of the pistons and couldn't figure out why I couldn't bleed the brakes.

-
Back