Status
Not open for further replies.

ahcjr100

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi All,
I'm new here so apologies if this is the wrong forum for this.
I inherited my grand mother's 1966 Valiant Convertible Signet edition. I'm told it's somewhat unique in that it has a 271 under the hood. I think I even have an original dealer service manual for it.
It has about 33k original miles but has not been driven in a few years.
I'm heartbroken to say that it got wet in her garage when Hurricane Sandy hit the Jersey shore. I don't have the means or time to restore the car.
Rather than give it to a junker, I thought I'd offer it up to someone who could really appreciate the car.
I'm entertaining best offers. The car is in our garage in Bay Head, NJ.
Let me know if any of you A Body enthusiasts have any interest.
Cheers
Drew

Hi welcome to a great site.
Pictures would be a big help (you can email them to me at [email protected]) and I'll post them for you.
Thanks for being honest about the potential water damage.
We'll all be glad to help you any way we can.
As for value I look at what car actually sell for on eBay.
I'm interested in your car as I like all '66 Vasliant and Signet models in particular.

Welcome and I am sure that SSVDP is going to be a big help for you to get this 66 Valiant out for many folks to see and find a home for it.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Will be happy to send pics. Will need a couple days to get them to you as I live 60 miles from where the car sits. I loved the car, but with three little kids, I just have no time for it and no place to keep it.

Hi welcome to a great site.
Pictures would be a big help (you can email them to me at [email protected]) and I'll post them for you.
Thanks for being honest about the potential water damage.
We'll all be glad to help you any way we can.
As for value I look at what car actually sell for on eBay.
I'm interested in your car as I like all '66 Vasliant and Signet models in particular.

A shame about the water damage. If not too late you should at least try to mitigate continued damage to the car. If it was flooded or submerged I would consider pulling out the seats and carpet, remove the body plugs and flush the whole thing with fresh water from a garden hose. Maybe that would stop any rust from continuing too aggressively. The future owner would be very grateful if he didn't have to replace every body panel on it, or worse, throw the whole thing away.
I found this link helpful.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/_mobile/cars/how-to/maintenance/1272386
Best of luck.

That would be a great car for the wife lol sence she wants a older Vert and seeing I have a 66 also would be kinda cool:burnout:

Interested in Pictures...I have a 66 myself.....it is currently for sale too but if I am able to manage a loan or sell one of these flip houses I have currently Il be restoring mine....love it since I was made in 66 too

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back