66 valiant v8 gas pedal

-

Jimmy428

Reaction score
Strange question, may I ask anyone with an early a v8 to take a picture of the way their gas pedal rests on the swing arm? I recently installed my carpet and I'm wondering if the plastic liner behind the pedal at the top is supposed to contact the pivot arm at rest. It seems as though mine rests just below it, thereby defeating the purpose. It only rides it at full throttle. There is no carpet or insulation under the pedal mount.

Thanks for the help.

Sounds like it is sitting to high. See if the bolts will tighten down anymore. There should only be carpet under the base no insulation.

I hope this helps anyone who did the same thing as me. It occurred to me last night that I took the pedal apart to grease it and I may have flipped the bracket. Well guess what, I did! So anyway, problem solved and it returned to its natural position.

The floor bracket that mounts the pedal to the floor via a pin is what I am talking about. I had it reversed. I'd say lesson learned, but somehow things that seem intuitive will get me from time to time.

-
Back