66 valiant washer operation

-
There is either an eletric pump on the driver inner fender, push the button and it squirts. Otherwise, maybe had a standard foot pump by the dimmer switch on the floor?

thanks guys there is an electric pump on the fender i'll have to get a new one and go from there..thanks again,,i was pushing the knob and nothing..

Memory is hazy from when I did this on a Fury but to tighten the fitting inside the reservoir, a deep socket and an extension will be needed.

The factory setup uses a separate pump mounted on the drivers' side inner fender. If it hasn't been used in a while, the pump section may have seized up. You can remove the cover and free up the pump with WD40 a pair of needle nose pliers if you're carefull. Don't try to turn the pump with the driveshaft or you'll break it!. Get the pump freed first by turn it right at the hub. If the motor section went bad, just get a new pump assy. Remember to use washer fluid in the reservoir and not tap water. The minerals in tap water is what clogs them up.

-
Back