67-68 barracuda grilles?

-

danmc77

Reaction score
what's the differences?

I know the differences between the obvious center inserts, but what about the housings and bezels? The headlight bezels?

can you just change the center grille in the 67 & 68 housings? Are the headlight bezels different?

I have a 67 and 68 headlight bezel sitting right here in front of me, the only difference is the 68 bezels have holes in each corner inside the silver/argent painted area for which a screw passes to mount the bezel to a white plastic cylinder shaped retainer in the header panel, the 67 bezel does not have these holes. Other then that they are 100% identical, I personally like the look of the bezel without the holes, so I have 67 headlight bezels mounted on my 68.
Because the center grille inserts are different between the two years, its possible the vertical brackets on the rear of the grille surrounds may also be different, I'm not sure.

You asked about grilles also and here is the details.

The outside aluminum of the gilles are the same. All the black mounting steel pieces are different. 1967 uses a metal insert and a different turn signal then 1968. 1968 inserts are plastic.

Headlights, the only difference is 1 screw hole that was added in 1968.

thanks guys.

So I can't just buy the center grille portion to change my 67 grille to a 68? I have to also replace the housing that the center grille mounts to?

I have 67 grilles in a 68 car and want to change it back to the 68 grille.

thanks guys.

So I can't just buy the center grille portion to change my 67 grille to a 68? I have to also replace the housing that the center grille mounts to?

That is correct. Turn signal assemblies off 1968 will not match up to you 1967 mounts either.
If you have good outer shells you can drill all the rivets out and put ALL 1968 parts on your 1967 outer shells.

maybe I can sell the 67 grilles to help fund the purchase of a set of 68's.

Yes, if you look closely, '67 is very different in the back-side than a '68. Important to know if you are doing a restoration.

-
Back