67-69 Barracuda Aftermarket Bumper Recommendation?

-

4spd-Shifter

Reaction score
Any recommendations on the best aftermarket bumper for 67-69 Barracuda? I see them in the $259-$400 range and wonder are they all the same?

thanks in advance-

Any recommendations on the best aftermarket bumper for 67-69 Barracuda? I see them in the $259-$400 range and wonder are they all the same?

thanks in advance-
Do you have bumper guards? Some bumpers have the extra holes in them for mounting the bumper guards. Not sure if they're more expensive or not.

Drilling through chrome would be a huge mistake and those from AMD are out of stock..

Drilling through chrome would be a huge mistake and those from AMD are out of stock..

Actually, A-56, I had to drill my new bumpers for the Bumper guards.

I used a special carbide bit, low speed, and cooling oil.

Came out perfect. No shredding or delamination of the chrome around the holes almost 6 years later.

If they are out of stock, my guess is they won't be making them anymore.

Too bad, they were excellent replacements.

Do you have bumper guards? Some bumpers have the extra holes in them for mounting the bumper guards. Not sure if they're more expensive or not.
I did not realize you could get the bumpers with the holes already drilled.

Would have saved me a ton of time , not to mention stress!! LOL !!

I did not realize you could get the bumpers with the holes already drilled.

Would have saved me a ton of time , not to mention stress!! LOL !!
Yes, my point because it's not for the faint of heart to drill through chrome. Very unforgiving without proper technique and even then............

I have the bumper guards but thinking of going without them for now, getting mine re-chromed at a later date for a future swap. thanks for everyone's input-

What's everyone's opinion on the bumper guards? Stick with them for originality or without for the "cleaner" look- thanks

What's everyone's opinion on the bumper guards? Stick with them for originality or without for the "cleaner" look- thanks
Add them.

I think they add a more upscale look to the car.

Here's mine.

1709229245832.png

Get the bumpers with the holes and since your bumper guards need refurbishing you can add them later.

Get the bumpers with the holes and since your bumper guards need refurbishing you can add them later.
Great idea!

You can use bumper bolts to cover the holes until you get the guards done.

Don't over think it
Ebay
US $329.87
Free 2-4 day shipping
FITS 1967 68 69 Plymouth Barracuda Chrome Front or Rear Bumper with Guard Holes
1709232901099.png

guys are great! thanks, went with the bumper with holes.... any idea where to get the foam body washers for the bumper brackets mount to body? are there foam washers for the bumper stabilizer brackets also? I see them online but no one mentions the dimensions.... thanks again for your opinions and help-

guys are great! thanks, went with the bumper with holes.... any idea where to get the foam body washers for the bumper brackets mount to body? are there foam washers for the bumper stabilizer brackets also? I see them online but no one mentions the dimensions.... thanks again for your opinions and help-
Yes.

Detroit Muscle Technologies.

Mopar A B Body 68-76 Bumper Bracket Gaskets

What size bolt for the bumper bracket to body? Is the stainless capped bumper bolt 3/8 or 7/16? thanks for the help, just want to do it correctly-

I have the bumper guards but thinking of going without them for now, getting mine re-chromed at a later date for a future swap. thanks for everyone's input-
It definitely looks cleaner without them. Years ago I had a guy offer me a pair of bumpers with bumper guards in good condition for a good price, even though my car didn’t have them. I should have bought them just because, but I never really liked where they were mounted. Since my car isn’t factory original, If I mounted them myself I’d put the bumper guard inside the parking lights for a cleaner look

My 67 coupe originally had bumper guards. I didn't care for them, and they knocked my knees more than once while navigating around the car in the garage. Now have AMD bumpers without guards. Have no desire to ever add the guards.

1712108753845.jpeg

Thanks again, bumper parts arriving daily lol, can someone confirm the bolt size for the rear bumper bracket to the body? 7/16" or 1/2"?

-
Back