67-69 Dart front fender bracing structures.

-

Valvebounce

Reaction score
Please dont flame me if this has been thrashed out before,
I've got a '70 aussie chrysler valiant sedan. The body's are very similar to the 67-69 dart/valiant/etc. (I'm not sure about the nuances between those models, as they were never sold here)
About 15 years ago I had it all paneled and painted. The beater and the painter both made a really nice job. However, as I didnt have a proper garage at the time, it sat in the weather, and some rot set in. (Before I even got the rest of the restoration completed!)

Fast forward a bit, and I had all the rust repaired. Well almost all of it.
I still need to have the hood repaired. (going to make one out of two) And the front fenders. I can source the lower most section of the fenders from automotive panel craft in Australia. But the sticking point is, that the internal structure which runs up the Inside of the guard has rotted right off.
Theres a Few places selling the lower most section of this. (Including APC) but mine are completely toast.

I've seen places selling complete new fenders for darts, with that part new. But none selling just the bit I need.

Before anyone says, find new fenders, that's simply not an option. I'd be paying top dollar for ones that would need hundreds of dollars worth of repairs. And mine are dead straight. (Theres a lot of lines/flat faces to get right on them too)

Even if someone knows who makes the new fenders? Maybe hit them up directly, rather than dealing with a reseller?

Thanks in advance,
Bart.

Screenshot_20211207-130413_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211207-130427_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211207-124114_Chrome.jpg

I have never seen just the brace. You could probably buy a used fender have someone here cut the parts you need off and ship it to you.

I would say there is a good liklyhood that the brace is the same 67 to 76 dart. The fender has different things year over year. Headlight Bucket, crush ribs, trim holes, etc.

I would say that all 67-76 A's would be the same. I have enough fenders that I could verify this and I also probably have some good braces. I could also check them with the earlier fenders too.

that the brace is the same 67 to 76 dart.
I would think the brace on a dart would be different than a barracuda and a valient. The fender contours are different.

67 Barracuda
Screenshot_20211206-203136.png

Dart. Note the conture differences

Screenshot_20211206-203157.png

Last edited:
73-6 doors are the same so the contour there would be too. I think that would hold true for the 67-72 also just the lines being different. I can check.

-
Back