67 barracuda ac conversion

-

273 ball

Reaction score
Hi I have a 67 barracuda non ac car is it a lot of work to make it a factory ac car .

I'm getting ready to find out. I'm putting factory a/c in a 68 dart with 273 engine. I think hardest part will be cutting the firewall correctly for the fan, drain and evap. lines, other than that it looks like everything bolts on. You will need to add a vacuum tap from the engine to run the controls. Good luck.

I'm getting ready to find out. I'm putting factory a/c in a 68 dart with 273 engine. I think hardest part will be cutting the firewall correctly for the fan, drain and evap. lines, other than that it looks like everything bolts on. You will need to add a vacuum tap from the engine to run the controls. Good luck.
I did it to mine. get everything from the donor car. pretty easy.

STEERING WHEEL.JPG

Hi I have a 67 barracuda non ac car is it a lot of work to make it a factory ac car .

I used the Vintage Air GenV evaporator and controls in my '68. The under hood stuff was sources from Nostalgic Air in Florida. Hoses and under hood fittings were sourced from Summit Racing. Works great.

I have a AC firewall piece cut out of a 69 if anyone needs pics or measurements.

Last edited:
-
Back