'67 Barracuda Aftermarket Wire Harness, Gauges and Classic Dash

-

tubbedamx

Location Boise, Idaho
Reaction score
After chasing my tail the for the last couple weeks I've decided its time to replace the 50+ year old wiring and gauges in the barracuda. Fuse box is corroded, wire is brittle in places and not much of it works. What does work is ignition, head/tail lights, fan and horn.
Have been doing quite a bit of reading about various brands like painless, Ron Francis and American Wire. Pricing on these kits seems to be all over the map from 300-400(RF and Painless) to 1000 for American wire.

Looking for opinions on which kit might better suite my needs based on the following:

If you guys have any insight or have done a wiring job please chime in. Also, if there's anybody in Boise, Idaho with experience even better...

Thanks in advance
Jim

I'm also looking into doing both of these things to my dart this year. Hopefully someone with some experience will chime in soon

Personally I think I'm going to stay away from the universal kits and get something actually designed for the car

i wondered the same thing. From what I have read, it seems to me, it’s a custom wire job to the column, autometer gauges and ignition. Everything else you can buy replacement pigtails for.

67 Barracuda
This is where I started a few years ago: I bought a new engine bay harness, a new dash harness from a friend who didn't use it, a new wiper harness, and a new rear harness.

Then I upgraded to MSD, Denso, efi, etc.

The rest is detailed in the link below.
I used the factory harnesses and connectors as the base.

If I had to do it again all at once, I probably would do it the same way. Keeping the factory wiring and connectors was a plus, and the Painless I incorporated was inexpensive and mounted in the factory location.

The correct colored, laminated wiring diagram was a huge plus.

Wiring harness

20180108_215235.jpg

Ended up with EZ 21 circuit harness, Ron Francis dash switches and classic dash with autometer guages.
Mounted the new fuse box in the stock location, made a block plate for the firewall. Everything works great for the first time (Minus the Chinese fuel level sending unit) and Would recommend this kit.

that said, all OE dash switches, wire harness and plug ends are available...

323A9F9B-53A5-4B00-BB5D-17C295243A7F.jpeg

23A61253-3BBD-4037-ACF3-FBC451D4DF14.jpeg

969EC873-B68E-4869-AEA1-1BBC9CE9BED4.jpeg

700ACC42-694B-4E3D-805B-0F4EE85C9FD0.jpeg

Just buy the M&H harness from year one when they have a sale. I think it is a close to oem as you can get.

-
Back