67 barracuda fb...help.

-

djais1801

Reaction score
Not sure if I am putting this in the right spot, I am new to mopars... looking at a 67 barracuda fastback to buy. Can anyone tell me the trouble spots to look for? it is a project, needs some body work, and interior finishing. Has a 360, and looks to be a 10 footer. $5500.

Thanks,
Ivan

That may be a tad high for what you described. Look at the 71 Duster I posted earlier today that I found on EBAY. Unless you are dead set on a fish.

You know what you want to do with the car?

Not sure if I am putting this in the right spot, I am new to mopars... looking at a 67 barracuda fastback to buy. Can anyone tell me the trouble spots to look for? it is a project, needs some body work, and interior finishing. Has a 360, and looks to be a 10 footer. $5500.

Thanks,
Ivan

Check the front fenders, lower part rusts. Check the inner fenders about 8 inches from the firewall, they rust out from debris trapped behind the splash guard. Check the splash guards. Check the rockers, especially where they meet the rear quarters. Check the rear quarters, wheel housings and trunk floor and extensions. Look hard at the front and rear frame rails. The fronts need to be checked where the torsion bars attach. Look at the k frame for damage, the recievers for the lower control arms need to be checked but you'd have to remove the lcl's to look.Look at the trunk lid at the bottom where the lock assembly is and all along the underneath, water collects there and they rot. Other then that, check the floor pans and door bottoms. That will keep you busy and out of trouble for a while..LOL...Bob

i have been watching that duster and that looks to be in worse shape than the barracuda. the only interior work the cuda needs is carpet in the cargo area. there are no dents or rust, just poor paint and waves.

Do you have any pictures? Someone here might know the car and be able to help you out.

i don't have any yet...he was supposed to come over tonight, but it's raining in Jersey, so looking to check it out tomorrow. It has been in NJ for a long time. My buddy is a body man, and he's gonna come look at it for me tomorrow as well.

Also look at the bottom of the doors on the inside. They rust bad there and it isn't fixable - at least not to me.

I still think that is an awful lot of moolah for a project. We watched a very nice (from the pics) 68 fish go by ebay for 7900 recently that needed nothing but a console or race shifter IMO cause I don't like the shifter on the column.

here is a pic from the ad:
cuda.jpg

-
Back