67 barracuda headlamp pannel

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
hi all, car going in to paintshop shortly,trying to do all the "behind the scenes" work ie wheel wells, behind wings,grille etc as one painted aint disturbing again! my pannel that sits behind the headlamp shot to pieces,it has a bowl shape that contours the headlamp and is part of a pannel that bolts to piece behind grille.any ideas if anyone makes them? cheers all!

hi, piece goes 90 degrees to inner fender just behind grille and directly behind headlamp, will update photo, please excuse my terminology, it probobally is called somthing, apologies!:read2:

That was originally part of the fender. I have a picture but I can't even put the link here without getting an error much less insert the actual image!

If you can find a fender those parts would be removable and if the area where it attaches to your fender is still there it should be fairly easy to weld in. Most of the fenders rust out down low and around the top rear, or you might come across a smashed one that did not damage the front of the fender.

many thanks, looks like get somthing that uses 7" headlamp and use that/welder time:read2:
I'm pretty sure you can get that piece from any A-body fender. May need some work to the apron/radiator support too!

Here's what it looks like

DSCF2412_Medium_.jpg

cheers tony!mine so "detached" didnt think it ever part of fender=P~ ill get ther with it, here in uk there are loads of old fords from late 60s and 70s people restoring quite easily due to the availability of repro panels and these cars typically 7" lamp.

headlamp panel rotten didnt realise part of fender and chances of getting one here in uk are like rocking horse poo so heres my attempt! flat piece of sheet steel, couple hours,$20 headlamp bowl,welder,ships,grinder...........

Good Job! Way to "Use what you've got"! send us an installed pic so we can all see how it fits. I love an out of the box answer, way better than throwing money at it untill it sticks!

ta man, car been so neglected by past owners, ive had 6 years now and ploughing through it all, surprisingly its on the road and that! like a rolling restoration!:cheers:

-
Back