67 Barracuda Taillights - Value?

-

GlennB4u

Reaction score
Hi gang, I have no idea what a fair price is to ask for a set of 67 Barracuda taillights. They are OEM, but driver condition... thoughts?

Attachments

• Left.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Right.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 180
  • grill.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 190
It comes down to condition. The right one with the extra lens blocking it looks like it might be much nicer than the left one. The parking light depends on how pit free the bezel and how good the chrome is. I would price them based off condition after doing some research as to what they are actually selling for if I wanted to move them. Personally I would rather sell to an end user that needs them then sell them to some one that will put them on eBay for 4 to 5 times what was paid for them.

It comes down to condition. The right one with the extra lens blocking it looks like it might be much nicer than the left one. The parking light depends on how pit free the bezel and how good the chrome is. I would price them based off condition after doing some research as to what they are actually selling for if I wanted to move them. Personally I would rather sell to an end user that needs them then sell them to some one that will put them on eBay for 4 to 5 times what was paid for them.

I agree... anybody need them? The right lens is broken in the bottom left hand corner, I assume that's why there was an extra lens. These were extras in trunk and I don't need them.
I've seen them on eBay for $100 each in worse condition...I personally think that is nuts. That's why I'm posting here.

I agree... anybody need them? The right lens is broken in the bottom left hand corner, I assume that's why there was an extra lens. These were extras in trunk and I don't need them.
I've seen them on eBay for $100 each in worse condition...I personally think that is nuts. That's why I'm posting here.

Give it some time so working members can get home and see the thread. There will be many more members on over the weekend too. I would take a picture of the right side with out the other lens if front of it so members can get a better idea of the condition.

Give it some time so working members can get home and see the thread. There will be many more members on over the weekend too. I would take a picture of the right side with out the other lens if front of it so members can get a better idea of the condition.

I already have the images...

Attachments

• right1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 165
  • right2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 165
  • rightrear.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 164
  • rightside.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 156
  • leftrear.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 178
  • leftside.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 192
They would fit but they don't have the reverse lights in them like the 68
does

As mentioned above, the rear housings changed every year from 67 through 69. They would work, but would not be a very good match unless you also had the 67 trunk trim.

The front turn signal housing and lense is correct for 67 and 68 cars, and would fetch around $25 for a single example in driver condition, or more if the chrome is nice on the housing, and the interior "chrome" reflective surface was in nice condition!!

As mentioned above, the rear housings changed every year from 67 through 69. They would work, but would not be a very good match unless you also had the 67 trunk trim.

The front turn signal housing and lense is correct for 67 and 68 cars, and would fetch around $25 for a single example in driver condition, or more if the chrome is nice on the housing, and the interior "chrome" reflective surface was in nice condition!!

67 and 68 Barracuda turn signal lens and housings are different. 1968 is slightly larger.

Thanks everyone, I'll toss them out in the classifieds area and see what happens. Much appreciated.

-
Back