67 Barracuda

-
One day while he was working on it some guy was visiting tech and told him the car was junk and should be scrapped! Can you believe the nerve of some people? The kid is doing a great job and has come a long way in my opinion, even if I am biased cos he's my kid.

One day while he was working on it some guy was visiting tech and told him the car was junk and should be scrapped! Can you believe the nerve of some people? The kid is doing a great job and has come a long way in my opinion, even if I am biased cos he's my kid.

I must be missing something, whether it is junk or not, or should be scrapped or not, isn't the whole idea to learn how to do metal work, so why should that matter? Geeezsh.

katdaddy girls can learn too! My daughter goes to more car shows with me than my boy does. She likes the old stuff and wants a Nash Metropolitan. She helped me drop the enginein my Duster a couple of summers ago.

The boy finally has it in primer! Should be in color by the end of next week. I also redid his dash insert for him. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• dash 2 (Small).JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 245
  • dash 6 (Small).JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 251
  • dash 9 (Small).JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 250
I have three girls as well and my middle child is coming around but my oldest has claimed the Dart.
Its amazing work your son is doing/learning and of course he will forever remember his dads blessing!
But as the protege digs in others will be threatened buy the developing talent as well as envious of the balls it takes to tackle that scope of a project!
No worries for nay sayers just enter all pics in to young guns when done and see what they think then.
Go mopar! gO Dad!

No secret with the dash. Followed the article in the Aug 08 Mopar Muscle. Duplicolor chrome, silver, and satin black. Testors white and a toothpick for the lettering. Lots of patience and taping. Thanks for all the kind words, it turned out prerry good. Unfortunately someone in the past had sanded all the texture out and put scrapes all over. But it works till Mike starts working and can buy another.
He is doing very good for his first attempt. Better than what I did at his age.
I just wish he would take more pics up at Tech as I can't get up to see it very often. But it should be home in the next 3 weeks.

Mike brought home some more pics. The car is now in paint and will be home on Wensday so I can post some better pics then. Here it is in sealer getting stripes layed out, color on door and decklid.

Attachments

• body work 108 (Small).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 160
  • body work 107 (Small).jpg
    86 KB · Views: 189
  • body work 106 (Small).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 184
  • body work 105 (Small).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 155
  • body work 102 (Small).jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 175
Got it home today. Mike did a really good job. I think it turned out very nice.

Attachments

• body work 112 (Small).jpg
    120 KB · Views: 140
  • body work 115 (Small).JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 155
  • body work 117 (Small).JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 138
  • body work 118 (Small).JPG
    71 KB · Views: 142
That is an incredible job considering the starting point! Kudos to him!! Strange a 67 taillight and rear end with 68 markers. PM me if you need anything and if you are going to keep that steering wheel I may have a little present just cause he did such a great job.

Thanks Airwoofer. I think he did good too. Sent you a PM. I keep telling him to join here and start his own thread and post his own pics.

Mosleyme if you look back at the pics from when he got the car it had 68 side marker lights in it. Mike welded those holes shut. But the holes seen in the newer pics are as you state for the bumper straps

Mosleyme if you look back at the pics from when he got the car it had 68 side marker lights in it. Mike welded those holes shut. But the holes seen in the newer pics are as you state for the bumper straps

Hmmm... did not notice that - they are totally in the wrong spot. I guess someone thought it was a good idea to add them.

-
Back