67 Cuda Body Work Needed - Michigan Area

-

goomasterc

Reaction score
Got myself a 67 Cuda convertible that needs some floor and frame rail work. Actually both rear frame rails need replace and I'm thinking the floor must go as well. I've got lots of folks telling me that it is a tricky job and you gotta have the right guy. I've had a few fellas out and get varying opinions. Not an easy job but I want it done right!

Outside of the car is a peach !

Any recommendations?

View attachment 1714513030

Nice car. It may help to tell what part of michigan you are in...

If you need both frame rails replaced and have never done this kind of stuff before, you should take it to a professional.

You are dealing with a structural repair not body work.

It will be expensive. You can save yourself some money by removing things such as:

Rear bumper
Taillights
Reverse lights
Gas tank
Exhaust system
Shocks
Axle bump stops
Rear brake lines
Fuel lines
Drive line

Then get the interior cleaned out from the front seats back.

This will only leave the rear end and springs in the car so you can move it.

Thanks for the reply and info.

I'm in SE Michigan; specifically the Ann Arbor area.

The interior has already been gutted.

The car runs great and I'll keep it together until I get the right person on the job. Still need to drive it in a tight radius to get people to look at.

My garage is not the ideal local for some of the heavier part removal. I'm more of an electrical/interior guy. This body work is a whole different animal.

Thanks again. This helps to give me some insight on the job in general.

Already contacted them. Closest to my house. Actually just a few miles away. They referred me to someone who seemed knowledgable. Difficult to assess the work until you get into it. Just looking for other resources. Tough decision to scrap or go the distance. Guess I don't mind making investment if I know it is good value and will be good work. Don't want to pay twice.

me and my brother do this kind of work, north of battle creek.
we could give you a estimate. I HAVE A SET OF ARIZONA REAR
rails ready to go. pm us.

-
Back