67 Cuda Fan Shroud

-

brentwab

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 67 Cuda fan shroud or a part number. I can find plenty of shrouds for 68 and above and I even found one for the 66, but I cannot figure out what the difference is with the 67. I recently had a 340 built that I am very happy with and it runs cool when I'm moving, but at stop lights it creeps around 200 degrees. I would like to try a fan shroud; I don't want to screw up my new motor. Any help is appreciated!

67, 68 small block shroud part number ends with 614. The reproductions have a reputation for melting into the fan. The 67, 58 shroud for slant 6 part number ends with 096. That shroud will work with a small block though. Just install the shroud upside down.
Good hunting

67 fan shroud was a 2 piece steel, on my brothers 273 with air. do you have the numbers on your radiator?

I'm almost certain the 2 piece metal shouds ended with 66 A-body. Someone might have placed that shroud on a 67.

It was probably early. I know it was original. My brother was the second owner and the car was never touched. Still have the Barracuda, but the rad and shroud are long gone...

I thought the original 273 hi-po or 383 shroud on a 67 dart or barracuda was 2785312 one yr only and hard to find. The shroud for a 68 or 69 340 and 383 was 2785614 easier to find. Am I right? Anyone.

Carl

-
Back