67 Cuda Notchback Hell Cat Swap

-
Hood Underside.jpg

It's rough but smooth enough to not make your skin itch.

Car is done. Been driving it. Blowing the doors off of everything. Having some issues with the shifter but mostly pilot error.

Wow. Oh man that’s inspiring! I could only dream. Here I am just struggling with my 318/3 speed!

I’ve always been partial to early notchback barracudas. You should post some more pictures of that beautiful car or do a photo garage.

"nothing is for an early A" That's for sure! I solved that problem by going with Detroit Speed's Alumaframe front suspension. Shhh, it's for an early Mustang.View attachment 1715503268
good gracious! Any way that will fit on an early A body that is not tube framed up front? What engine did you run and what did you do about motor mounts? that is incredible.

good gracious! Any way that will fit on an early A body that is not tube framed up front? What engine did you run and what did you do about motor mounts? that is incredible.
Sorry, I just saw your question; either I didn't get a notification or (more likely) I missed it. I was already doing a full frame with a roll cage, so we just made the frame rail spacing the same as that for an early Mustang so the Alumaframe system would fit. I suppose the stock front subframe could be modified to accept the Alumaframe, but I would be hesitant to do that without including some additional bracing, since the spring force is now applied to the chassis at the wheels rather than at the torsion bar attachment points. Engine is an aluminum 433 c.i. 3rd gen hemi, with dry sump and Hilborn injection--about 100 pounds lighter than the 340 that I had in there since 1978. Engine mounts (and everything else) were designed and built by Hot Rod Chassis and Cycle.
2018-05-03.jpg
2019-10-11 7.jpeg
20191105_091610.jpg

-
Back